Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!


This is the shawl I made for my mom, along with a couple other goodies.  She asked me a while ago to make her one and I've been working on it ever since.  I started over several times, changing colors, changing yarns and then finally deciding to crochet it instead of knit!


This is only the second thing I have completed in crochet.  I made a couple of pins before but that was it.  Now I know what you're thinking "Hey, this is the Nuckin' Futs Knitters blog, not the Nuckin' Futs Crocheter blog!" But I assure you my first love is still knitting, however I do enjoy branching out and trying different crafts.  Crocheting isn't as bad as I thought it would be.


The first time I tried to learn to crochet I just didn't get it.  I was teaching myself and all of the books and YouTube video's I tried weren't helping.  So I tossed my crochet hook aside and said "The hell with that!"  That was about six years ago.  


When I gave it another try last year it  finally made sense to me. :)  This wrap is just a basic rectangle shape and I added scalloped edges to the sides and fringe on the ends.  I haven't seen my mom yet today to give it to her but I really hope she likes it!  I will be attempting to write out a pattern for it (all my pattern notes look  like crazy scribble) so check back if you would  like to give this wrap a try.  

See ya later!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, nothing better than that of which is made by ones own hands. What a beautiful color. I bet your Mom loved it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Never Too Old, and I agree, too bad not everyone in my family feels that way. But my mom is usually happy with the things I make for her ♥ She understands the hard work that goes into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your mother loved what you have made with your own bare hands. The colors are lovely, too -- very ladylike. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete