Thursday, March 7, 2013

Academy & Aquarium

Yesterday was a really fun day!  I went to The Academy Of Natural Sciences and the Adventure Aquarium!  Here are some of my favorite pictures!  Sort of a little photo dump... Alright, sort of a big one.

First, The Academy Of Natural Sciences of Drexel University!
(Philadelphia, PA)


The butterfly and insect displays were one of my favorite things!


I loved the jarred specimens!
















My eyes bugged out when I was looking at this, lol! :)




There was a room of live butterflies that we got to walk through as they just flew all around us!  But the room was filled with a mist so most of my pictures were really bad except for this one which I just love!








Taxidermy parts!






My souvenirs!  I loved the butterflies so much, I got one in the gift shop, it's called "The Orange Albatross."  I also bought a postcard with a "bird eating" spider scene on it and a miniature rock collection pencil.  I am also saving the map and the pin I had to wear while inside!
I loved this place, it was sooo awesome!  If you have a chance to go, you should!.

♥           ♥             ♥            

The Adventure Aquarium
(Camden, NJ)
I did not get as many pictures, my camera didn't do so well with the water.


Seahorses!


I felt kinda bad for this guy, he was sticking out of a whole and flailing up and down, his mouth kept opening and closing like he was calling for help! 






Most pictures came out like this, blurry, watery, yuckyness.


The tank said this turtles name is "Ozzy." :)


The penguins were my favorite part!


The door to this room was open and by the looks of things inside, they were not suppose to be in there.  However there was a radio playing in there and these guys just couldn't help their happy feet!

There's so many more places I want to visit when the summer comes.  What trips are you planning?
See ya later!

2 comments:

  1. Those butterflies look so pretty. I love how vibrant their colors are. I also love the turtles! I love turtles, I wish I could have a big sea turtle. I like going to the natural museums. They are so interesting.

    In the American Natural History Museum in NYC they have an awesome butterfly exhibit where they let you walk around while they fly about. You have to be careful because they are so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nuckin' Futs", lol. Nice one.

    I love your photos but oh how I hate bugs. No matter how I try, they keep freaking me out. Sea horses are awesome.

    I'm planning a trip to Ede (in the Netherlands) for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. It's going to be batshit crazy luxurious for just a weekend. Awesomeness. Plus, we'll be close to a large "natural reserve", if you could call it that. It's called The Veluwe. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete