Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Simple Capelet, Thick & Quick


I knit this capelet using three balls of Lion Brand, Wool-Ease, Thick & Quick yarn, in mesquite.  Size 13 needles.


C.O. 72 sts
Knit in round.

Row 1 - 5: K4, P4
Row 6: K all sts, increasing once every 10 sts. (You should now have 79 sts)
Row 7 & 8: Knit
Row 9: Knit all sts, increase once every 8 sts. (88 sts)
Row 10 & 11: Knit
Row 12: Knit all sts, increase once every 6 sts. (102 sts)
Row 13 & 14: Knit
Row 15: Knit all sts, increase once every 4 sts. (127 sts)

Continue knitting until the whole piece measures 11 inches long, from the top.
For the last 5 rows K4, P4 and bind off.


When it's finished it should measure 13 inches long and have a top width of 32 inches and a bottom width of 54 inches.




Happy Knitting!
   

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad there are people like you who can do the complicated things that I would never undertake. Knitting makes me so confused, but I love owning knitted goods! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to keep our shoulders warm while the house seems chilly. Which is all the time here for me in the SF Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am assuming you knit this in the round?

    ReplyDelete