Thursday, April 7, 2011

Alternative Yarn (#2): T-shirt yarn


T-shirt yarn is an awesome alternative yarn!  You get to use up those old t-shirts and create something new.  It's also a great way to recycle!


I knit this pouch with t-shirt yarn also using fabric from the t-shirt for the lining.  I added a zipper and a removable wrist strap.  The strap is a simple crochet chain. :)

There is a great tutorial on CraftPassion.com for making t-shirt yarn.

I definitely recommend giving this "yarn" a try, it's fun, it's something different, and it will make a great project for the upcoming Earth Day!

See ya later!
♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, I've been wanting to make some t shirt yarn for a while, I love the color of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the color...I made my husband a key chain flower out of a shirt of his that had gotten too small. It's a great way to RE-cycle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of t-shirt yarn but I love that you can recycle t-shirts and knit with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing idea! I think I have to start cutting and crocheting sraight away!

    ReplyDelete