Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ribbed Hat With Bow Pattern


Materials: Brava bulky yarn in cornflower for the hat and Brava worsted yarn in tidepool for the bow
Size 10 circular needles and dpns for hat
Size 8 dpns for bow

Hat
C.O. 72 sts join in the round
Rib knit for the first 3 inches: Knit 2, Purl 2 each row.
After the ribbing is done just knit until the entire piece measures 7 inches then you will start to decrease.

Decreasing rows:
Row1: Knit 4, Knit 2 together, repeat to end of row
Row2: Knit
Row3: k3, k2tog, repeat 
Row4: Knit (switching to your dpns)
Row5: k2, k2tog, repeat
Row6: knit
Row7: k1, k2 tog, repeat
Row8: knit
Row9: k2 together, repeat

You should now have 12 sts left.  Cut your yarn leaving a long enough tail to weave the sts onto your yarn and pull the hole shut, secure the yarn and tie off.



Bow
Create a bow with a simple 4 stitch i-cord and embellish with a button.  Sew the bow onto the hat giving it a nice shape as you go along.


Happy Knitting!
   

8 comments:

  1. so pretty! would this be easy for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes, this pattern is very simple, great for a beginner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this be used with 8ply yarn? Sorry i just realised you've used bulky sized yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is lovely and the name of your blog made me laugh out loud, awesome! I'm visiting from the etsy blog team and look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    `Angela
    http://www.whimsyways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, I don't think the ply should matter really, just the weight :)

    ***

    Thank you Angela! I'm following you back also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute hat! Thank you for sharing your pattern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Aida!

    I saw this project and just love the idea! I am the editor of AllFreeKnitting.com and would love to feature your tutorial on my site with full credit to you. I've noticed you have some other great projects on your site, and I would love to link to all of your other free knitting patterns as well. I know my readers would just love them and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project and/or other free projects, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It’s really that simple. Your project will look similar to this project already on my site:

    http://www.allfreeknitting.com/Knit-Scarves/Feather-and-Fan-Lace-Scarf/

    My site is part of Prime Publishing and we publish 19 cooking and crafting web sites. We have over 3.5 million active e-mail subscribers and about 10 million page views per week. You can learn more about us at www.primecp.com.

    Please let me know if you would like to get started. Just a reply to this comment is all it takes.

    Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you!

    Julie DaMario
    jdamario@primecp.com
    Prime Publishing LLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie!

      I would be happy to have my free patterns featured on AllFreeKnitting.com! It would be great to be able to share them with more of my fellow knitters! I really appreciate it, thank you!
      -Aida

      Delete