Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Hat :)


This is the first hat that I've knit that I can honestly call a success!  I've knit other hats following different patterns all of which claiming to be super easy and yet none of them worked out right for me.  This pattern really was super easy and fast!  I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn, so it's nice and soft, and so comfy. :)


I'm so happy with how this piece turned out, it fits great and I love how it looks.  The pattern is from Bohoknits:  "Mountain Nights Toque."  She has a list of free patterns on her blog and also some for sale on Etsy.  Her "Wilted Warlock Hat" also looks like something I must try. :)


Coffee approves. 

See ya later!
 

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! I'm a crocheting fool, but I don't think I'd last long enough to do a hat like that one. So you're way ahead of the game far as I can see! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting is still a bit scary for me. I definitely need some easy projects under my belt for practice though. (Mentally filing this one away.) However, I saw you on craftgawker and am really stopping by (for the first time) b/c I noticed we wear the same glasses! Crafty cuties unite!! (Plus Coffee is adorable.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PoetessWug, this hat was really quick actually!

    Cassandra, this pattern is very easy, I've made a few more in different colors and I'm always so happy with how they turn out. They go great with our sexy glasses! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hat! I'm planning to use LB homespun as well, and am wondering if you followed bohoknits pattern exactly? I want to make it bigger to fit my brother-in-law and am trying to decide how many more stitches to CO. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete